During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented additional measures to ensure everyone’s safety while you receive care.
From day one, our commitment to your health has been your top priority. We have always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented additional measures to ensure everyone’s safety while you receive care.
You may notice the following changes the next time you visit our office:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We are asking patients to call or text upon arrival and wait in their cars until they are called in, to avoid congregating in our reception area.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You will then check in at the front desk and your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer.
- We have upgraded our patient communication software to allow for digital intake forms, and we have initiated contactless payment to limit the number of exchanges with our Administrative Team.
- The front desk now has an acrylic barrier for an additional layer of protection.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. These efforts might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the building at any one time.
- We advise that you limit your companions to the dental office only to those essential.
- Surfaces in the reception area will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- In regards to the treatment rooms, we will be using high speed suction shields during your dental procedures to reduce aerosols by 90%.
- Carefully researched, medical grade HEPA Air Purifiers will be continuously turning over the air throughout the clinical areas. These filters remove 99% of all particles 0.3 microns in size and 95% of all particles 0.1 microns in size. For operatories of our size, the turn over time will take an average of 5 minutes.
- We will be using a hypochlorous acid and water mixture to fog the air throughout the office multiple times daily. Hypochlorous acid is approved by the EPA for killing SARS-CoV-2 and is a compound produced by human white blood cells. In other words, it is a very safe disinfectant.
- Your providers will have additional PPE and all surfaces utilized in the procedure rooms will have disposable barrier protection.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call us at (781) 740-0100, and we will be glad to provide further insight on our infection control procedures.