All Your Teeth
With an implant-supported bridge, you can now replace an entire upper or lower arch.
About Replacement of All Teeth
When all teeth are missing or in such condition that they need to be replaced, a fixed bridge anchored to dental implants is the best solution.
Before dental implants, there was no fixed solution available for people who lost all their teeth. Removable dentures were the standard option. However, dentures are often unstable and require adhesives, which can be very unpleasant.
Today, it is possible to replace a full arch (upper or lower jaw) with dental implants and a fixed bridge. The results are long-term, stable, and esthetically pleasing.
Benefits of a fixed bridge on implants:
- Allows you to chew and function excellently, closely mimicking natural teeth
- A solid, stable solution that can last your lifetime, when properly maintained
- Preserves your facial appearance and helps prevent bone loss
The treatment procedure and number of visits is largely dependent on the specifics of your case.
- Before the procedure: Our surgeons and your restorative dentist will conduct a thorough evaluation and develop a treatment plan to review with you.
- Installing the implants: The first step is placing the necessary dental implants to create new tooth roots. The number of implants used for your full arch implant is variable, depending on your case. Temporary teeth are then inserted into the mouth. In the meantime, a dental laboratory creates your permanent bridge.
- Attaching the bridge: After three to six months, the implants will have fully bonded with the jawbone. Now the abutments can be placed on the implants and the new permanent bridge can be securely attached.
- End result: Your stable and secure new bridge will be virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth in regards to appearance and function. Standard oral hygiene to keep the teeth and gums around it clean and healthy is of utmost importance as is wearing a custom-fit nightguard following treatment.
To learn more about transforming your smile with dental implants, please contact us at our dental office to schedule a consultation.