An individual dental implant can be the best answer for replacing a missing or severely damaged tooth.
About Single Tooth Replacement
When a tooth and its root are both damaged beyond repair, the most effective solution is to replace it with a dental implant, an abutment, and a crown. This restoration will look and function similarly to a natural tooth.
Generally, the implant is placed on the same day that the damaged tooth is removed. This reduces treatment time while also minimizing discomfort and pain.
Benefits of single tooth implants:
- Functional teeth
- Excellent esthetic result
- Fixed and stable solution
The course of treatment described here is one of several options available, which are dependent on the specifics of your case:
- Before the procedure: Our implant specialists and your general dentist will conduct a thorough evaluation and develop a treatment plan to review with you.
- Installing the implant: First, the implant is installed. This is normally done in a single session. Depending on the area of the mouth, a temporary tooth may be placed while the implant is given several months to heal and osseointegrate into the jawbone.
- Attaching the new crown: Once the implant is fully healed and integrated, the final step is the placement of the abutment and permanent ceramic crown.
- End result: You should expect the new implant to fit and function very similarly to a natural tooth. Standard oral hygiene to keep the tooth and gum around it clean and healthy is needed. Wearing a custom-fit nightguard following placement of the final crown is also a highly recommended protective measure.
To learn more about the dental implants and how they might benefit you, please contact us. Our knowledgeable staff is here to assist you.