A multi-tooth bridge anchored by implants is a preferable option to removable partial dentures.
About Multiple Tooth Replacement
In certain cases, a dental bridge anchored to implants may be the best solution for the replacement of several missing teeth. Traditional removable partial dentures simply cannot offer the same stability or function as a permanent fixed bridge. Removable appliances often slip affecting your speech and ability to eat certain foods.
An implant-supported dental bridge is especially effective for replacing missing rear teeth. This permanent solution will provide unparalleled strength and stability that will allow you to eat what you want without worry. The dental implants will also help preserve your jawbone and facial appearance.
Benefits of a fixed bridge on implants:
- The only fixed alternative for teeth in the back of the mouth
- A stable, secure solution that lets you eat what you want
- Preserves your facial appearance and helps prevent bone loss
The course of treatment described here is one of several options available, which are dependent on the specifics of your case:
- Before the procedure: Our implant specialists and your general dentist will conduct a thorough evaluation and develop a treatment plan to review with you.
- Installing the implants: First, the implants are installed. This is normally done in a single session. At this time, a temporary bridge may be placed, enabling you to eat and function normally while the implants are given time to heal and osseointegrate into the jawbone.
- Attaching the bridge: Once the implants are fully healed and integrated, the permanent bridge is attached. This is normally done a few months after the implants are placed, but this can vary depending on the teeth affected.
- End result: The new bridge will be able to withstand as much pressure as natural teeth. Your stable and permanent new teeth will function very similarly to natural teeth and will allow you to eat what you want. Standard oral hygiene to keep the teeth and gums around the implants clean and healthy is required. Once the case is finalized, wearing a custom-fit nightguard is highly recommended.
For learn more about dental implants for multiple-tooth replacement, please contact us at our dental office.